The Lake Highlands High School Student Newspaper

The Fang

The Fang

The Fang

Lake Highlands’ Own Olivia Goode

Logan Yungblut

Olivia Goode, an administrator at LHHS, was never expecting to end up where she is today. 

“I did not know I wanted to go into education. My whole family is actually in medicine. My grandma was a nurse. My mom was a nurse anesthetist and my stepdad’s in health care, like I always thought that I was just gonna do whatever they did and go into medicine,” Goode said. 

Becoming a teacher was a decision she made later in college, but she quickly fell in love with the job.

“Once I started teaching and I could focus on just one subject like biology, I really fell in love with the students and fell in love with the practice of it and have stayed ever since,” Goode said. 

While she enjoyed teaching, she also wants to explore other jobs in the education field. She’s one of the new additions to the LH admin team as the culture coach. 

“Now I’m just trying different things outside of just teaching, but staying in education,” she stated.

According to Goode, she’s been happy with her new job because it gives her great opportunities to work out systems and solve problems around the school, something she loves to get to do. This job also gives her the chance to interact with students at LHHS. The experience as an administrator has certainly been different, but she’s happy with what she’s doing.

“The thing that I look forward to every day, it sounds cheesy, but just working with different students, getting to meet different students, learning about their home lives and you know what’s going on for them and how I can help,” Goode said.