The Lake Highlands High School Student Newspaper

The Fang

The Fang

The Fang

The New Drum Majors of the LHHS Band

LHHS Band

With the new season starting for the LHHS marching, this not only means having beginner marchers but also new drum majors. Our new drum majors, Janelle Aguirre, Amy Merida, and Addison Young. Unlike past competitions, the band is returning to Bands of America after a long break. 

Aguirre is the youngest out of their three new drum majors this year. Before becoming drum major, she used to play the oboe. 

“It was shocking to see that I would be the junior drum major but I was excited. I was afraid people wouldn’t take me seriously,” Aguirre said, when asked about her initial reaction to becoming drum major. She expressed that she “can’t wait to see how other bands perform and be able to learn the different approaches in their shows.”

Our next drum major would be Young. Before Young auditioned for drum major, she played the clarinet.

“I’m looking forward to the first competition because, whether we win or lose, it is always an awesome bonding experience for the band, and it shows the younger marchers what we have been working towards all season,” Young stated.

Merida is our final drum major for this year’s band. Prior to becoming drum major, she played the clarinet. Merida’s excited to attend the Bands of America this year to see what it has in store.

“I hope everyone watching the Bands of America enjoys the show as much as we will,” Merida concludes.