The Lake Highlands High School Student Newspaper

The Fang

The Fang

The Fang

-Lake Highlands High Schools Crochet Club-

Have you ever wondered what interesting clubs LHHS has to offer? Are you interested in the craft of crocheting? Well then, you have come to the perfect place. 

Led by Ms. Cummings and Sindara Olubobola, 12. The Cozy Crochet Club is a chill and welcoming environment where beginner and experienced crocheters alike can come visit and make friends while also watching a tv show in the background.

“The club was created with the intent of being student-led,” states Olubobola. “It also feels like a safe space. Everyone is kind to each other and it is a judgment free zone for beginners.”

Teens in the club usually have their own supplies, but if you don’t, Ms. Cummings has a bucket filled with scrap yarn that is free to use. If you’re a beginner, you don’t have to worry! Many experienced participants are ready and willing to get you started.

“I would tell them to just do it,” Olubobola said about people interested in going. 

Ms. Cummings has a fair few words of encouragement, also. “It’s very low pressure,” she says. “You should still come try it at least once.”

It’s been said, Wildcats, if you’re interested in it, go to the Crochet Club! Try it, have fun, and make new friends!

Held in L-A200 on the first and third Thursdays of every month, the environment is warm, welcoming, and you get to socialize. What could be better!?

The love for self expression and art Ms. Cummings and Olubobola share is heartwarming to say the least. The gathering seems like one of the safest places to go to as a highschooler seeking a space to socialize without feeling judged. 

Do yourself a favor and head over to Cozy Crochet Club held by Ms. Cummings and Sindara Olubobola. You won’t regret trying it out!